Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Busy but/and Writing


Well, I'm picking this up again. I don't know why. It's not like I don't have too much to do already without writing blog entries. I'm working six days a week as a massage therapist, planning my wedding that is less than eight weeks away, taking care of this body that seems to require increasing amounts of time and attention the older I get, and maintaining my relationships and home.

And writing. I've been writing fairly regularly again since about 2 months ago. I am several pages away from finishing the first draft of a novel. This is a huge accomplishment for me. I started this project 6 years ago and have abandoned it for years at a time. More on what got me back writing later. For now, I'm off to write. Trying to do an hour a day, getting at least 30 minutes in, if not more.

Oh, I'm reading a great book on writing. The title is How to Become a Famous Writer Before You're Dead. It's by Ariel Gore. Very inspiring and fun.


photo of ariel gore

No comments: