Friday, May 25, 2007

Day One


Here I am, thumbs up, ready to begin.

It's nearly one in the afternoon and I haven't written yet. I'm still in my bathrobe. But I've been blogging, and that takes time! I picked up a shift at work tonight, so I plan on writing when I get home.

Later...
I got off work early, came home and played on my computer. Then went out with my sister and her new "boyfriend" (not quite serious enough yet to use that term) down to the bar where my boyfriend dj's. We ate, drank, smoked cigarettes and had a jolly time. Then I returned home after midnight and wrote for half an hour. I sketched the outline for my novel and wrote the first two lines. One step at a time, baby. One step at a time.

Today I bought a copy of How to Be Good by Nick Hornby. I already love it. I'm a fan of humor (and humour) and poignancy, of which this book has loads. It occurred to me that what's been lacking from the novel in my head is humor, that all important element, so I rewrote the synopsis with humor in mind and I think it's way better. Whaddya know?

No comments: